Alison J. Sutak, Esq.
Alison J. Sutak, Esq. devotes her practice exclusively to family law matters with an emphasis on divorce, child custody, and domestic violence actions. She received her law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey. While attending law school in the evening, Ms. Sutak worked full-time as a paralegal at a matrimonial law firm. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts with a concentration in Journalism from Ramapo College of New Jersey, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude.
Upon her graduation from law school, Ms. Sutak served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Teresa A. Kondrup Coyle, J.S.C. of the New Jersey Superior Court, Family Part in Monmouth County. Alison, along with her partner, Lauren A. Miceli, founded the Aldona E. Appleton Family Law Inns of Court dedicated to advancing the knowledge, collegiality and professionalism of family law attorneys in Middlesex County. She continues as an Associate member and as its Secretary.
Ms. Sutak has been admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York since 2011.
Honors and Awards:
- Young Lawyer of the Year, Middlesex County Bar Association, 2019
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020 & 2021
- Appointed Member of the “Putting Lawyers First” Taskforce for the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Associate Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer
- Aldona E. Appleton Family Law Inn of Court, Middlesex County, New Jersey, Co-Founder, Treasurer, and Barrister Member
- Middlesex County Early Settlement Panelist
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- CLE presentation in the Spring of 2017 entitled the “Interplay of Family Law and SpecialEducation” with the Middlesex County Bar Association
- CLE presentation in the Fall of 2019 entitled “Filing under the ‘FD’ Docket” with theMiddlesex County Bar Association