Lauren A. Miceli, Esq.
Lauren A. Miceli, Esq. dedicates her practice to Divorce and Family Law matters. Lauren is well versed in divorce litigation, equitable distribution, alimony, child support, child custody, and post-judgment modification and enforcement issues. Lauren is thoughtful to and diligent in assessing all issues in each of her cases.
Lauren was awarded the Martin S. Goldin Award by the Middlesex County Bar Association for her dedication to the practice of Divorce and Family Law. This award is presented to an attorney who exemplifies the principles of its namesake. Specifically, Lauren was acknowledged for maintaining a continuous study of past and present case law; making a careful and detailed analysis of each case; presenting the issues and applicable law to clients in a readily understandable manner; attempting to settle issues on a fair and reasonable basis before resorting to litigation; fostering respect and courtesy for the bench and bar; maintaining high standards of integrity and professionalism, and exhibiting leadership in the County or State Bar Association.
Lauren, along with her partner, Alison J. Sutak founded the Aldona E. Appleton Family Law Inns of Court dedicated to advancing the knowledge, collegiality and professionalism of family law attorneys in Middlesex County. She continues as an Associate member and as its Secretary.
Lauren was selected to Super Lawyers – Rising Stars for the years 2018 – 2022. This peer designation is awarded only to a select number of accomplished attorneys in each state. The Rising Stars selection process takes into account peer recognition, professional achievement in legal practice, and other cogent factors.
Lauren graduated with honors in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, major, and America Studies, minor, from Rutgers University, Douglass College and received a Juris Doctorate degree in 2013 from Rutgers School of Law. She is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York and is a member of the New Jersey State, Middlesex County and New Brunswick Bar Associations. For the 2013-2014 term, Lauren served as judicial clerk for the Honorable Lisa M. Vignuolo, J.S.C. at the Middlesex County Courthouse, during her tenure in the family part.
Lauren previously worked with a Middlesex County based Family Law Firm and as a Special Education attorney devoting her practice to representing families in disputes involving New Jersey public school districts.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden, 2013
- Douglass College, Rutgers University
- Cum Laude 2010
- 2018 Martin S. Goldin Family Law Award, Presented by the Middlesex County Bar Association
- 2018 – 2023 New Jersey Super Lawyer, Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee (2023-2024 Term)
- Associate Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer
- Member, District VIII Fee Arbitration Committee, Term Expires 2026
- Appointed Trustee, Middlesex County Bar Association (2020-2023 Term)
- Appointed to the Young Lawyers Subcommittee (“YLS”) of the New Jersey State Bar Family Law Executive Committee (“FLEC”) (2020-2021 Term)
- Executive Committee Member, Family Law Section of the Middlesex County Bar Association
- Founder, Secretary, and Associate Member, Aldona E. Appleton Family Law Inn of Court
- Member, Early Settlement Panel of Middlesex County
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association – Young Lawyer and Family Law Sections
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Trained Civil and Family Mediator
- 2023 Annual Convention, New Jersey State Bar Association, May 18, 2023
- 2023 Family Law Symposium, New Jersey State Bar Association, January 27, 2023
- “Hot Tips in Family Law: Never Have I Ever”, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, October 10, 2022.
- CLE presentation in the Spring of 2017 entitled the “Interplay of Family Law and Special Education” with the Middlesex County Bar Association
- CLE presentation in the Fall of 2019 entitled “Filing under the ‘FD’ Docket” with the Middlesex County Bar Association
- CLE presentation in June 2020 entitled “Matrimonial Appellate Practice” with the Middlesex County Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Modification and Enforcement of Support Awards
- Premarital Agreements
- Domestic Violence